The Civil Services Examination is a nationwide competitive examination in India
conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various Civil
Services of the Government of India, including the Indian Administrative Service
(IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS) among others.
It is conducted in three phases –
- a preliminary examination consisting of two objective-type papers (General
Studies Paper I and General Studies Paper II also popularly known as Civil
Service Aptitude Test or CSAT), and
- a main examination consisting of nine papers of conventional (essay) type,
- followed by a personality test (interview)
- As the name suggests, this examination is a doorway to serve the nation (it is a
service) and not a career option.
- The desire to serve the nation should be driven by passion and not vested interests.
When you try to imbibe moral values in your outlook right from the preparation
stage, nothing can stop you from coming out with flying colors.
- Such empathetic learning will make you understand the problems prevailing in your
surroundings and help you come out with solutions leading to a greater
understanding of the policies and procedures implemented by the Governement,
which would ultimately get reflected in your answers. And this is what UPSC wants!!!
All the Best and HAPPY LEARNING!!!