www.iasinsights.in ; www.iasgyaan.com posts PIB Summary. This news are the main source for current affairs.
PIB Summary-7th Feb 2018
Mahamastak abhisheka Mahotsav 2018 of Gommateshwara Bhagwan Sri Bahubali Swami at Shravanabelagola inguarated.
- The President of India, Shri Ram NathKovind, inaugurated the Mahamastak abhisheka Mahotsav 2018 of Gommateshwara Bhagwan Sri Bahubali Swami at Shravanabelagola today (February 7, 2018).
- Samyak Darshan, Samyak Gyan and Samyak Charitra are known as the three gems of Jain philosophy.
Ministry of Defense
Theater Level Exercise ENCORE concludes on the Eastern Seaboard
- The Eastern Naval Command Operational Readiness Exercise (ENCORE), Theatre Level Readiness and Operational Exercise concluded on the Eastern Seaboard on 07 Feb 18.
- The month long exercise saw participation of over 40 ships and submarines including those ships from the Western Naval Command, Andaman & Nicobar Command and Indian Coast Guard and assorted naval and IAF aircraft including Fighters, Long Range Maritime Reconnaissance (LRMP) aircraft, Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) and Air Early Warning (AEW), Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) helicopters.
- It is to test various facets of war-fighting capabilities of the combat units including Special Forces of ENC to respond to given threat situations.
- The Tactical Phase that saw intense action by both the opposing forces helping to validate operational war fighting concepts and provided valuable lessons to sharpen combat skills.
- The exercise was conducted in real time covering a vast expanse of Indian Ocean Region (IOR) notwithstanding the rough weather due to super cyclone Cebile in the Southern IOR.
- ENCORE assumes great significance in the backdrop of current security scenario. The exercise provided an apt-opportunity to test the combat capability of the ENC and refine action plans and contingencies for operations in complex maritime conflict zone.
Ministry of Electronics & IT
National Meet on Grass root Informatics. “VIVID 2018: Weaving a Digital India” is the theme for this year.
- National Informatics Centre (NIC) is organizing a three-day National Meet on Grass root Informatics- VIVID 2018 from Thursday, 08th February to Saturday, 10th February, 2018 in New Delhi.
- To be innovative and proactive by adopting a transformative approach to make a difference at the grassroots level and with the thrust in Digital India that aims at transforming the country into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy, this meet is being organised.
What is National Informatics centre?
- National Informatics Centre (NIC) was established in 1976, and has since emerged as a “prime builder” of e-Government / e-Governance applications up to the grassroots level as well as a promoter of digital opportunities for sustainable development.
- NIC, through its ICT Network, “NICNET”, has institutional linkages with all the Ministries /Departments of the Central Government, 36 State Governments/ Union Territories, and about 708 District administrations of India.
- NIC has been instrumental in steering e-Government/e-Governance applications in government ministries/departments at the Centre, States, Districts and Blocks, facilitating improvement in government services, wider transparency, promoting decentralized planning and management, resulting in better efficiency and accountability to the people of India.
Ministry of Finance
GST Council recommends relief in GST on Circus, Dance and Theatrical Performances
- Threshold Exemption under GST for admission to such cultural and sports events in the country increased from Rs. 250 to Rs. 500 per person
Ministry of Tourism
M/O Tourism’s Social Media Key Influencers Campaign “The Great India Blog Train” Launched
- The objective of the campaign is to position luxury trains of India as a unique tourism product both in the domestic and overseas markets
- A total of 60 bloggers from 23 countries including India are travelling on a week long journey on four luxury trains, i.e. Palace on Wheels, Maharaja Express, Deccan Odyssey and Golden Chariot, in groups of 15 bloggers on each train.