www.iasinsights.in ; www.iasgyaan.com posts AIR News Summary. It covers all important news for the whole day.This info is also covered as Daily current affairs.
AIR News summary – 22nd June 2018
Prime Minister seeks double digit GDP growth to increase India’s share in world trade.
- Prime Minister today called for targeting double- digit GDP growth for breaking into the 5 trillion dollar economy club.
- Speaking after laying the foundation stone of Vanijya Bhawan in New Delhi he said, India’s share in world trade has to more than double to 3.4 per cent.
- Modi said, India has achieved 7.7 percent GDP growth and the way it has made progress, the world looks up to it for motivation.
- Highlighting the economic growth of the country, Mr Modi said, the FDI inflowand foreign exchange reserves are at a record high in the last four years.
- He said, the Goods and Services Taxand other measures taken by the NDA government have brought about a number of positive changes in the economy.
- The Prime Minister said, the country has moved away from culture of delaying work.
- The Prime Minister said, technology has eased the ways of doing business and this is going to grow.
- He also stressed on the need for reducing dependence on imports in electronic goods and called for making the country self dependent in the sector.
Unique Identification Authority of India clarifies, use of AADHAAR biometric data for criminal investigation is not permissible.
- Unique Identification Authority of India, UIDAI has clarified that the use of or access to Aadhaar biometric data for criminal investigation is not permissible under Aadhaar Act.
- The authority was referring to reports published in certain section of media about purported use of data for the purpose of crime investigation.
- The UIDAI said, the data collected by it can be used only for the purpose of generating Aadhaar and for authentication of identity of Aadhaar holders and cannot be used for any other purpose.
- It, however, said that certain section of the Act allows a very limited exception and permits use of or access to Aadhaar biometric data in cases involving national security.
- It said, UIDAI has never shared any biometric data with any crime investigating agency.
India is committed to contribute effectively in forging common and united action for combating climate change, says External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj.
- Mrs Swaraj reiterated Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s commitment that New Delhi is not only aware of its responsibilities towards climate change but is willing to take lead in mitigating its ill effects.
- The Minister said, the schemes and projects of the government to address the development needs of Indian people balance the three pillars of sustainable development – economic growth, social development, and environmental preservation.
Iran stages walkout of OPEC meet over its rift with Saudi Arabia on increasing the cartel’s oil output.
- Iran has walked out of a key meeting with the peers of the Organisation Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) over its growing rift with Saudi Arabia on increasing the cartel’s oil output.
- Iran’s Oil Minister Bijan Namdar Zanganeh said in Vienna yesterday that Tehran cannot go ahead.
- The output curbs have been in place since January last year. But the proposal has run into resistance from Iran, Iraq and Venezuela, who would struggle to immediately raise output and fear losing market share.
- Meanwhile, Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak has said the OPEC and non OPEC Joint Ministerial Monitoring Committee has advised the alliance to increase oil output by 1 million barrels per day.
- The ministerial monitoring committee will be held today and tomorrow.
Government bans Indian affiliates of al-Qaeda and ISIS.
- The centre has banned the Indian affiliates of al-Qaeda and Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).
- The Home Ministry’s order saysthe two terror outfits are banned as they are involved in radicalising the Indian youths for ‘global jihad’ and acting against the Indian interests in the Indian sub-continent.
- The order also bans Islamic State in Khorasan Province/ISIS Wilayat Khorasan, an Afghanistan-based affiliate of the ISIS.
- The order said, the ISKP/ISIS Wilayat Khorasan is also promoting and encouraging terrorism in the Indian Sub-continent.