www.iasinsights.in ; www.iasgyaan.com posts AIR News Summary. It covers all important news for the whole day.This info is also covered as Daily current affairs.
AIR News summary – 27th June 2018
Prime Minister says, global confidence in India’s economy is rising.
- Prime Minister has said that global confidence in India’s economy is rising.
- Speaking at the third annual meeting of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, AIIB, in Mumbai today, PM said to a foreign Investor, India now counts as an extremely low risk political economy where rules and regulations for businesses have been simplified and bold reforms undertaken.
- Fiscal situation in the country is firmly in control and the government is committed to fiscal consolidation.
- The Prime Minister said, India has become the main engine of world growth with a GDP growth rate of 7.4 per cent in the current fiscal year.
- He highlighted the strengths of the Indian economy in size and scale and the efforts taken by the government to reform and streamline the vital process on the path of development.
- The Prime Minister urged the AIIB to look into potential investment opportunities in India in several sectors including renewable energy, agriculture and logistic infrastructural development.
- Established two years ago the Bank annual meeting is attended by about 3000 delegates from 87 countries.
Government reiterates its commitment to maintain SC & ST Prevention of Atrocities Act in its original form.
- Government today reiterated that it is committed to maintain the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act in its original form even if Supreme Court gives unfavorable verdict.
- Briefing reporters on the four years’ achievements of his ministry, Social Justice and Empowerment Minister, Thaawarchand Gehlot said the Centre is ready in principle and if needed, it will go to Parliament or bring an Ordinance to uphold the Act after the Court’s ruling.
- Few months ago, the Apex Court had in its order introduced the provision of anticipatory bail in the Act while directing that there will be no automatic arrest on complaint filed under the law. The government has filed a review petition against the ruling.
- The Minister also asserted that the government is in favour of reservations and there will be no dilution in it.
- He also said the present government is in favour of reservation in promotion for employees belonging to SC and ST and has asked all its departments and state governments to implement it following the verdict by the Supreme Court in this regard.
President Ram Nath Kovind says, drug addiction poses a challenge to national security as well as development and public welfare goals.
- President Ram Nath Kovind has said, drug addiction spurs poverty and poses a challenge to the national security as well as development and public welfare goals.
- Presenting the National Awards for outstanding services in the field of Prevention of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse in New Delhi.