www.iasinsights.in ; www.iasgyaan.com posts PIB Summary. This news are the main source for current affairs.
PIB SUMMARY-3rd July 2018
Election Commission of India launches Mobile App “cVIGIL” to enable citizens to report on violation of election code of conduct
- The Chief Election Commissioner launched a mobile app, called ‘Cvigil,’ on July 3, 2018, for citizens to report any violation of the model code of conduct during elections.
- “cVIGIL” is a user-friendly and easy to operate Android application. It will be operational only where elections are announced.
- The app requires an Android smartphone equipped with a camera, good internet connection and GPS access.
- The operating system should be Android Jellybean and above. The application supports all the latest Android smartphones.
- “cVIGIL” will allow anyone in the election-bound state to report violations of Model Code of Conduct (MCC) that comes into effect from the date of announcement of elections and goes on till a day after the polls.
- By using this app, citizens can immediately report on incidents of misconduct within minutes of having witnessed them and without having to rush to the office of the returning officer to lodge a complaint.
Agreement signed on repatriation of Bru persons to Mizoram
- In a major breakthrough on repatriation of displaced Bru persons from Mizoram since 1997, an agreement has been signed by Government of India, Governments of Mizoram and Tripura and Mizoram Bru Displaced People’s Forum (MBDPF)
KVIC launches e-marketing system
- The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) today launched its, in-house developed, single-umbrella e-marketing system named Khadi Institution Management and Information System (KIMIS) in New Delhi. The system can be accessed from anywhere in the country for the sale and purchase of Khadi and Village Industries products.
- This software will give real-time data of sales and will also give the updated status of stocks of khadi bhawans and godowns, allowing better planning and control of inventory of the KVIC. He added that 480 Khadi institutions and showrooms are linked with this billing software and it will be useful in raising demand and supply of goods in high demand.
NITI Aayog to organize India’s First Global Mobility Summit
- NITI Aayog, in collaboration with various ministries and industry partners, is organizing ‘MOVE: Global Mobility Summit’ in New Delhi on 7th and 8th September, 2018.
- This Summit will help drive Government’s goals for vehicle electrification, renewable energy integration and job growth and also speed up India’s transition to a clean energy economy.
- MOVE Summit aims to bring together and engage with key stakeholders within the rapidly transforming global mobility landscape and to evolve a public interest framework for a shared, connected, zero emission and inclusive mobility agenda for the future.